Associate Professor of Management
B.S., in Automation, Huazhong University of Science and Technology,M.S., in Electrical Engineering, Tsinghua University, ChinaPh.D., in Management of Manufacturing and Automation, Carnegie Mellon, USA
Dr. Yang joined LIU Post in 2004 after graduating from the business school in Carnegie Mellon. He is interested in the modeling and analysis of supply chain and revenue management using financial and economic fundamentals, as well as providing useful, industrial strength decision support tools using operations research models and algorithms.
Revenue management, Vehicle routing, Supply chain management
- Co-author (2010), “Managing Uncertainty in On-demand Air Travel,” published in Transportation Research, Part E, 46 (6): 1169-1179.
- Co-author (2010), “A Revenue Management Model for Products with Two Capacity Dimensions,” published in European Journal of Operational Research, 205 (2): 412-421.
- Co-author (2009), “Optimal Reserve Price for the Generalized Second-Price Auction in Sponsored Search Advertising,” published in Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 10 (3): 114-129.
- Co-author (2009), “Channel Strategies for Durable Goods: Coexistence of Selling and Leasing to Individual and Corporate Consumers,” published in Production and Operations Management 18 (4): 402-410.
- Co-author (2009), “Revenue Management in China: an industry and research overview,” published in Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 8 (4): 357-372.
- Co-author (2008), “Aircraft and Crew Scheduling for Fractional Ownership Programs,” published in Annals of Operations Research, 159 (1): 415-431.
- Co-author (2012), “Optimal Reserve Price in Sponsored Search Advertising,” invited submission.
- Co-author (2012), “Dynamic Analysis of the Reserve Price in Sponsored Search Auction,” Working paper.
- Co-author (2007), “Optimization vs. Persistence in Scheduling: Heuristics to Manage Uncertainty in On-Demand Air Travel”, Proceedings of The 3rd Multidisciplinary International Conference on Scheduling: Theory and Applications. p242-251, Paris, France, summer 2007.
- Co-author (2005), “Scheduling Multiple Types of Time Shared Aircraft: Models and Methods for Practice”, Proceedings of The 2nd Multidisciplinary International Conference on Scheduling: Theory and Applications, p19-38, Stern School of Business, New York University, USA.
Lectures and Presentations
Presenter, INFORMS International, Beijing, China, (2012)
Presenter, Dept of System Engineering and Information Management, the Chinese University of Hong Kong (2008)
Presenter, The Inaugural Conference of the Overseas Chinese Scholar Association of Management Science and Engineering (OCSAMSE), Shanghai, (2008)
Presenter, INFORMS Annual Conference, Pittsburgh, PA, (2006)
Presenter, INFORMS International, Hong Kong, China, (2006)
Presenter, Supply Chain Management – Overview and Trends, invited corporate presentation by Purolator (www.purolator.com) at W Hotel, Time Square, NYC (2005)
Presenter, Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve Univ. (2003)
Presenter, Graduate Business School, University of Chicago (2003)
Presenter, Wharton Business School. University of Pennsylvania (2003)
Presenter, Graduate Business School, University of Michigan (2003)
Presenter, Graduate Business School, University of Miami (2003)
Presenter, Johnson Business School, Cornell University (2002)
2001-02 Best Student Teacher Award for Teaching in the Undergraduate Business Administration Program, voted by students and faculty members, presented by Department of Business Administration, GSIA, Carnegie Mellon University.
Doctoral Fellowship, William Larimer Mellon Foundation.
GE China Scholarship.
Reviewers for European Journal of Operational Research, Journal of Operational Research Society, Transportation Science, Computer and Operations Research.
Member of INFORMS.