Adjunct Professor, Vocal Coach, Department of Music
Undergraduate Diploma, M.M in Piano Performance, and Artist Diploma in Chamber Music from Longy School of Music of Bard CollegeGraduate Diploma in Collaborative Piano from New England Conservatory
Born in St. Petersburg, Russia, Victoria Schwartzman (formerly Mazin) performs regularly as a soloist and chamber musician. Victoria has appeared at the Music Mountain Festival with the St. Petersburg String Quartet, in the New York Philharmonic Ensembles series at Merkin Hall, at Summit Music Festival with Dmitri Berlinsky, at Bargemusic, in the Gessner- Schocken concert series in Cambridge, WMP Concert Hall, and the Nicolas Roerich Museum concert series in New York City. As a member of the Yanvar Trio, she was a prizewinner in the Val-Tidone Chamber Music Competition and a finalist in the Zinotti International Chamber Music competition, both in Italy.
After graduating from Jerusalem Conservatory, Victoria continued her education at the Longy School of Music and New England Conservatory. While pursuing various degrees in solo and chamber music performance, she was selected to perform in masterclasses given by Dmitri Bashkirov, Menahem Pressler, and Richard Goode, among others. Her principal teachers include Irina Kivaiko, Issak Kossov, Victor Rosenbaum, Sally Pinkas, Eda Shlyam, and Eteri Andjaparidze.
As soloist with orchestra, Victoria has performed with the Jerusalem Chamber Orchestra, the Longy School of Music Chamber Orchestra, and the Riverside Orchestra. She has performed at the Quartet Program in Pennsylvania, and participated in the Tel-Hai International Piano Festival in Israel and the Lyrica Chamber Music Festival in New Jersey. Also active in the field of opera and art song, Victoria was vocal coach and accompanist at Boston Lyric Opera, Glimmerglass Opera, Bard Music Festival, the Brevard Music Center, the Westchester Summer Vocal Institute, and the American Institute of Musical Studies Festival in Graz, Austria.
Victoria is as committed to performance as she is to education. She recently gave a master class in Russian vocal repertoire at Queens College, NY. She is on the coaching faculty in the Vocal Department at Montclair State University and Long Island University Post. Victoria is also the co-founder of the Newburgh Music Festival, a week long immersive classical music program devoted to both solo performance and chamber music, located on the shore of the Hudson river, in Newburgh, NY.
Vocal and Chamber Music Coaching, Solo Piano Performance, Russian and Hebrew Diction.
Lecture-Recital on Beethoven 32 variations and Debussy Preludes, presented at the New York University Piano Summer Intensive program (2013).
- “Postludium,” featuring Nadya Meykson on violin and Victoria Schwartzman on piano, Joe Patrych Studios (2014).
- “Reminiscenza,” Joe Patrych Studios (2010)
Chamber Music Highlights
- Summit Music Festival, Manhattanville College, 2016
- Newburgh Music Festival, 2016
- Queen of the Hudson & North Chapel Concert Series, 2014-2016
- Music Mountain Festival, 2011-2013
- Cayuga Chamber Orchestra Chamber Series, Ithaca, NY, 2013
- Bargemusic, New York City, 2010
- Glimmerglass Chamber Players Recital, Cooperstown, NY, 2010
- Duo Recitals Bargemusic, New York City, 2008-2009
- New York Philharmonic Ensemble Series, 2007
- Boston Classic Trio, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, 2004
- Yanvar Trio, Gessner-Schocken Series, Cambridge, MA, 2004
- Recitals, Yanvar Trio and Béla Trio Boston area , 2001-2004
- Lyrica Fest Chamber Music Festival, Chatham, NJ, 2000
- Roerich Museum, New York City, 2010-2016
- Faculty Recital, Long Island University, Post, 2014-2016
- Faculty Recital, Cali School of Music, MSU, 2012-2015
- Recital, Bargemusic, New York City, 2008
- Concerto Soloist, Riverside Orchestra, New York City, 2007-08, ‘10-11
- Concerto Soloist, Longy Chamber Orchestra, Cambridge, MA , 2002
- Concerto Soloist, Jerusalem Chamber Orchestra, 1995
- Recitals, Boston area, MA, 1996-2010
- Recitals, Israel, 1990-1996
- Recital, Tel-Hi International Piano Festival, Israel, 1995
Affiliations and Associations
Co-Founder of the Newburgh Music Festival, in Newburgh, NY.