Assistant Professor of Communications, Public RelationsHonors Affiliation, Member of Delta Mu Delta Business Honor Society
B.B.A., University of Massachusetts AmherstM.B.A., Lehigh University College of Business and Economics
Arlene Peltola is a seasoned marketing professional who has secured market leadership through innovation and consumer value for Fortune 500 and mid-sized organizations. Her business career spans 35 years with Coors, Crayola, Nestle, and Hershey, during which she has developed mastery in strategic planning, leading high performance teams, trend tracking, gaining sustainable competitive advantage and crystallizing complex ideas.
Previous to joining Long Island University, Peltola served nine years as an assistant professor in the Department of Business, Economics and Mathematics at Cedar Crest College, where she was a member of President’s Cabinet developing the college’s 10-year strategic plan, one of four project leads on the Middle States decennial accreditation, launching the Women’s Leadership Institute and teaching a roster of online, blended and in class courses including Strategy, Global Marketing, Advertising and Leadership.
Professor Peltola teaches a roster of courses in the Public Relations Program at Long Island University in the College of Arts, Communications and Design.
Roster of courses; online, in-class blended and weekend teaching formats:
Public Relations 1
• Public Relations Capstone • Business Strategy Capstone Course • Advertising • Global Marketing • Service Marketing • Marketing Research • Principles of Marketing • Corporate Social Responsibility • Innovation and Creativity • Women in Leadership • Foundations of Leadership • Ethics in Business and Government • Work Life Balance • Practicum • Introduction to Public Relations • Persuasion and Propaganda • Advanced Writing • Oral Communication
She serves on the Post Strategic Planning Committee and within her department on the Curriculum Committee, Chair (Appointed Fall 2014 to present) and Personnel Committee, Member (2014 to present).
- Co-Author, “Marketing to College Women to Encourage Reflection and Self Responsibility Regarding Underage or Risky Consumption of Alcohol on All-Women Campuses” in the Journal of Northeastern Business, Economics and Technology. (2011)
Lectures and Presentations
International Research Symposium University of Victoria, Victoria, Canada (June 2016)
- An Examination of Workplace Readiness of Recent Public Relations Graduates
- The Classroom as a Think Tank using Active Small Groups and Authentic Exercises in an Advanced Writing Course
Affiliations and Associations
- Member, Delta Mu Delta Business Honor Society
- Member, American Marketing Association
- Member Association of Experiential Education
- Member, National Association of Women M.B.A.s
- Member, Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)