To help prevent such occurrences please adhere to the following tips:
- Lock your door-even when going out for a short period.
- Always secure and/or conceal valuable items when leaving your room.
- Never give out your room access code number.
- Always lock your windows when leaving your room.
- Do not prop open doors.
- Be aware of happenings and persons in your building.
- Escort your guest(s) to and from the main entrance of the residence halls.
- Record serial number of any valuable items when available.
- For items without serial numbers, take a photo and record a written description.
- During prolonged breaks such as winter and spring recesses ensure that all valuable items are properly secured and remove non-securable items.