LIU Post Offers New Degree and Certificate Programs to Meet Industry Demands
Rita Langdon,Associate Provost and Director of Public Relations & Marketing
Long Island University, LIU Post
Brookville -- Beginning this September, LIU Post will offer several new certificate and degree programs in high-growth areas such as health information management, environmental sustainability, and mobile applications development. Designed for career changers, the academic programs provide flexible course schedules and opportunities for online study.
Ranked a best regional university in the north by U.S. News and World Report, LIU Post (formerly known as the C.W. Post Campus of Long Island University) offers more than 100 bachelor's degrees, 73 master's degrees, 18 advanced certificates and three doctoral programs.
New programs include:
- B.S. in Health Sciences: The program provides the undergraduate credential for future careers as physical therapists, occupational therapists, athletic trainers, pharmacists, physician assistants, medical imaging or health information managers.
- M.S. in Environmental Sustainability: A blended learning program (which combines online and in-classroom studies) prepares students for "green" careers in government agencies, environmental consulting, construction, engineering, science labs and advocacy organizations.
- M.S. in Educational Technology: This program for K-12 school teachers offers online and on-site courses in cloud technology, interactive web systems and multi-media on the premises of school districts in New Hyde Park and Dix Hills.
- M.A. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages: The TESOL program, offered in a blended format, prepares teachers to help children in all grades to overcome language barriers and learn how to speak the English language effectively.
- Certificate in Health Information Management: The online program is designed for career changers and health care professionals to serve as managers of electronic medical records in hospitals, doctors' offices, nursing homes, insurance companies and other health-related offices.
- Mobile GIS Applications Development – Advanced Certificate: An online program in which students learn to create mobile applications for wireless handheld devices using location-based technologies.
- Archives and Records Management – Advanced Certificate: An online program for individuals looking for careers as archivists or records managers in settings such as corporations, government agencies, libraries of all types, museums, historical societies, and non-profit organizations and associations.
- Cyber Security Policy – Advanced Certificate: The fully online graduate-level program, offered by LIU Riverhead, prepares managers, executives and homeland security and defense professionals to protect their organizations from cyber attacks.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling – Advanced Certificate: The program equips professionals who have a master's degree in school counseling with the additional academic credits and clinical experience needed to become licensed New York State mental health counselors.
"The new degree and certificate programs fulfill our commitment to educating professionals with the vision and skill to make an immediate impact on Long Island and the region," said Dr. Paul Forestell, provost at LIU Post.
For more information about degree and certificate programs, visit the LIU Post website at www.liu.edu/post/academics and follow the university's social media sites at facebook.com/LIUPost or twitter.com/LIUPost.
Return to Press Releases