New M.S. in Corporate Learning and Development at LIU Post Offers Career Options for Educators & Corporate Associates
Part classroom, part online program prepares graduates for Professional Skills Development in corporations, non-profits & government agencies
Morgan Lyle,Assistant Director of Public Relations
LIU Post, Long Island University
Brookville, N.Y. – Educators and corporate associates can gain new career options and boost earning power in LIU Post’s new Master of Science in Corporate Learning and Development, a unique program that will meet the growing need for professional skills development in corporations, non-profits and the public sector.
The 30-credit master’s degree is taught in a blended format -- part online, part classroom – and can be completed in 11 months. Students will earn both the M.S. degree and a Professional Skills Certificate, credentials that will expand their professional horizons.
Courses provide a broad base of knowledge in communication, instructional design, online learning, knowledge services, organizational behavior and leadership development.
Graduates of this interdisciplinary program will gain the knowledge, competency and skills to be successful in organizations needing trainers, instructional designers, facilitators/coaches, and learning and professional skills consultants.
“I know from my own corporate background how important instructional designers, trainers and professional skills developers are to an organization, and the demand is growing fast,” said Dr. Robert Hannafin, dean of the College of Education, Information and Technology at LIU Post and a former executive at PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP. “This program offers new career options for teachers, as well as skills that can help corporate associates advance.”
The M.S. in Corporate Learning and Development is administered jointly by the LIU Post College of Education, Information and Technology and the LIU Post College of Management.
- 30-credit Master’s program can be completed in one year
- Interdisciplinary cohort model
- Also confers Professional Skills Certificate
- Includes internships and other experiential learning
- Blended format combines face-to-face and online learning
- No thesis -- e-portfolio based
Structure and Schedule
The M.S. in Corporate Learning and Development begins with an intensive, two-week summer term at the LIU Post campus in Brookville, N.Y., followed by online courses through the fall and spring semesters, and finally one more two-week intensive at LIU Post.
- EDC 603 - Introduction to Effective Organizational Communicational Skills (3 credits)
- EDC 609 - Applied Communication Skills in Organizational Behavior (3 credits)
- LIS 615 - Designing Learning Environments (6 credits) – introduced here, completed in fall
- EDI 661 - Transforming communities of practice: Applications, technologies & implementation (3 credits)
- LIS 692 - Practicum/Internship (3 credits)
- LIS 718 - Facilitating Online Learning (3 credits)
- LIS 727 - Corporate Informatics and Knowledge Portals (3 credits)
- MBA 623 - Organizational Behaviors (3 credits)
- EDL 638 - Leadership Development (3 credits)
To learn more about the program, click here or contact the LIU Post College of Education, Information and Technology at (516) 299-2210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Press Releases