University Health & Medical Services (UHMS) strives to become a vital part of your college experience and a key resource for all of your health and medical needs. We are dedicated to ensuring the overall health and wellness of our campus community. Therefore, compliance with New York State Public Health Laws 2165 and 2167 is strictly enforced. To simplify this legal process, we have consolidated compliance for both laws into one MMR/Meningitis form:
- Section one covers required demographics
- Sections two and three are dedicated to New York State Public Health Law 2165 requirements for proof of measles, mumps, and rubella (also known as MMR)
- Section four and the entire back page are devoted to New York State Public Health Law 2167 requiring the distribution of information, documentation of vaccination, and/or waiver for meningitis
- Legal requirements for both laws are conveniently outlined on the form for you and your provider
Submission of your completed MMR/Meningitis form is preferred before, or at the time of, registration. Registered students who are noncompliant with New York State Public Health Laws 2165 and 2167 on the first day of classes will have an H02/H09 block placed on their accounts, which will prevent any additional enrollment activity until compliant immunization records are received. If complete immunization documentation is not received within 30 days of the first day of classes, you will be suspended from campus. You will not be allowed on campus until cleared by UHMS. To download the MMR/Meningitis form, visit liu.edu/Brooklyn/StudentLife/UHMS/Forms-Brochures. Out-of-State Students requesting an extension, click here).
To assist our students in locating and submitting this information, documentation can usually be found via four sources:
- Childhood Immunization Records/Card;
- Childhood Pediatrician Records;
- Former Elementary and/or High School Health Records; and
- Previously attended academic institutions, may provide a copy of your immunization records.
For more information on how to location your immunization record(s) check the following sites:
Your immunization records must legibility document two (2) complete dates (month/day/year) for your MMR. If you are missing one date, you have two options;
- Obtain a MMR Booster or
- Obtain a Titre (a lab test demonstrating your level of immunities for the MMR). Titres are only accepted/valid with the actual lab results attached, and your levels must be positive, all other results will require that you receive a second MMR Booster. (For more information on Titer testing click here.
The MMR/Meningitis form (linked here) once submitted should be legible, signed, and stamped by a licensed provider (license number must be included).
Unfortunately, we cannot be responsible for any records that are lost in the mail and/or arrive late; therefore, we recommend you send legible copies of all documents and confirm receipt by contacting our office at 718-246-6450. If visiting our site a copy can be made using the student copy machine. Completed forms may also be faxed to UHMS at 718-246-6465 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once submitted your immunization status can be confirmed by signing into your MyLIU account at my.liu.edu. For submission options, click here.
UHMS values your decision to attend LIU Brooklyn and works diligently to ensure you will have a healthy college experience; therefore, we are pleased to inform you that all your required immunization services can be obtained at our site. Stop in and visit us Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., for assistance with immunization compliance, health insurance or simply to learn more about our convenient, cost-effective medical services.
For more information about the required policies and procedures, contact us at 718-246-6450 or email us at email@example.com with the subject “Immunization Compliance”.
Are you ready for clearance?
Please click here.