Orientation Day Assistant
Orientation Day Assistants should be friendly, energetic, approachable, and have individual personalities. Assistants should possess strong communications skills and be able to work independently and as a member of the orientation team.
Brief Roles & Responsibilities
- Participate in Orientation Week during the summer
- Greet students & guests as they arrive
- Hand 1st official LIU materials to new students as they arrive at orientation
- Provide support to the Parent and Family Orientation
- Escort late comers to their sessions & provide information regarding the day
- Answer questions regarding LIU and the campus community
- Assist the FYP staff in the logistics of Orientation
Minimum Qualifications to Apply
- Be in good academic standing (cumulative GPA of 2.5)
- Be an undergraduate student, with a minimum of 12 LIU credits
- Must plan to return to LIU and be registered as a fulltime student for fall, 2013.
- Able to attend a one day training session
- Gain valuable insight to the Orientation Leader position and get inspired to apply for the Orientation Leader position next year!
- Ability to advance through group process for the orientation leader position for the following year
- Get to know staff and administrators
- Enjoy lots of free food
- Receive free LIU Gear!
- Receive a $50 gift card at the completion of each Orientation Day