Parents & Families
Choosing a college is one of the most important decisions your child/family member will ever have to make. At LIU Brooklyn, we work with the entire family to ensure that each and every student acquires a well-rounded education-one that prepares them personally and professionally. This is a very exciting time for you and your loved one. We urge you to become involved and to explore all that our campus has to offer.
What makes LIU Brooklyn the right choice for your family member?
Many LIU Brooklyn students are the first in their family to earn a college degree. Below you will find information to help you guide your child/family member in making the critical decisions that lie ahead.
"We know that many of the individuals who choose to attend LIU Brooklyn are first-generation college students. We take our responsibility to support them and to make their family members feel comfortable and well informed, very seriously." -Gale Stevens Haynes, Provost
Important Dates to Remember
Check back soon for updates
Upcoming Admissions & Financial Aid Events
- 01/17/2014 - Admissions Event - Transfer Friday - Jan 17, Office of Admissions, Transfer Friday
- 01/19/2014 - 01/23/2014 - Admissions Event - Health Professions Open House Jan 19 & 23, Office of Admissions, School of Health Professions Open House
- 01/24/2014 - Admissions Event - Transfer Friday Jan 24, Office of Admissions, Transfer Friday
- 01/31/2014 - Admissions Event - Transfer Friday - Jan 31, Office of Admissions, Transfer Friday
- 02/10/2014 - Admissions Event - College Affordability and Financial Aid Workshop - Feb 10, LIU Brooklyn - Enrollment Services Office, College Affordability and Financial Aid Workshop
Parents & Families of Current Students
Be a part of your son or daughter’s college experience at LIU Brooklyn. Learn more about activities, events and special programs.