Brooklyn Campus Library Mission Statement
The library is a center of intellectual life for the LIU Brooklyn Campus. It offers students and faculty a welcoming environment for scholarship by providing technology, skilled faculty and staff, collections and services to support the university’s programs. In keeping with the Long Island
University Libraries Strategic Plan [LIULibrariesStrategicRoadMap.pdf], the mission of the library is:
- To provide access to collections and services in support of the curricula and programs of LIU Brooklyn.
- To prepare the campus community for lifelong learning by teaching essential information literacy and research skills.
- To remain aware of changing informational needs through ongoing dialogues with the campus and university's constituencies in order to develop appropriate collections and services.
- To seek out, evaluate and adopt advances in information science appropriate to a technologically sophisticated academic library.
- To recognize and respect the cultural, ethnic and gender diversity of the academic community and the wider community of which it is a part.
- To develop a faculty and staff dedicated to the highest ideals of service and cooperation.
- To maintain a welcoming environment that is safe, attractive and reliable for library users and staff.
Library Strategic Plan