July 19 - 24
Dive right into the exciting world of health care and get hands-on experience with LIU’s Summer Honors Institute! Discover firsthand what it’s like to work in a variety of health professions, from athletic training to public health to social work to physical therapy, physician assistant studies, occupational therapy, nursing, pharmacy, and more!
• Experience actual patient/client interactions
• Diagnose and assess normal and pathological conditions in a state-of-the-art simulation laboratory
• Explore human anatomy and physiology as it relates to wellness, injury, and disease
• Become a real member of an interprofessional health care team
• Find out about and create a pharmaceutical product
• Explore the role of health care, prevention, and wellness in the sports environment
• Learn about cutting-edge health issues such as disease outbreaks in a variety of populations
• Learn from leading expert practitioners and researchers in a wide range of disciplines
• Disciplines covered include athletic training, diagnostic medical sonography, nursing, nutrition and exercise science, occupational therapy, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician assistant, public health, respiratory care, and social work
• Explore a career as a health professional that is the best fit for you!