Applications are welcome from international graduate students who hold the equivalent of a four-year bachelor’s degree. To be considered for admission the following is required:
- Application form (paper or online) with a non-refundable application fee of $40.00 USD.
- International graduate applicants must request an official copy of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts to be sent directly to the Office of Admissions by all former college(s). We must receive a marksheet/transcript for each year of study. Transcripts must be in native language with certified English translations. A final official transcript must also be sent upon completion of any courses in progress. Please note that all offers of admission are contingent upon satisfactory completion of any work in progress between the time of the application and the time of enrollment. Long Island University’s Brooklyn Campus accepts transfer credits taken only from regionally accredited institutions. The acceptance of credit will be determined after an offer of admission is given. If admitted to LIU Brooklyn, applicants must also provide course description information, translated into English, for all international coursework completed. Course descriptions may come either from an undergraduate catalog or from course syllabi. Please send all course descriptions to the Office of Admissions.
- We require a degree certificate or an attested copy of your diploma for proof of graduation from your bachelor degree program.
- A course by course transcript evaluation is required for programs listed below:
- Master’s of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master’s of Public Health (MPH)
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Advanced Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies
- Please review the approved credential evaluation agencies listed. Students in other programs will not be required to submit this document. The Office of Admissions reserves the right to require a course-by-course evaluation for any transcripts that need additional clarification.
- To view acceptable agencies, please download the accepted credential evaluator’s list. (PA Studies would require World Education Services.)
- Two letters of recommendation. (PA Studies would require THREE (3) letters of recommendation.)
- All applicants seeking an F-1 student visa are required to submit an Affidavit of Support, demonstrating the availability of finances equal to one year’s tuition, room and board. All graduate students are required to prove $35,000 in a bank letter with the exception of Pharmacy. Pharmacy students must show $38,000 in an Affidavit of Support and a bank letter.
- If English is not your native language or primary language of instruction in your university, you are required to take an English proficiency exam. Taking this exam is dependent on your language of instruction at your university not based on citizenship. We require A TOEFL score of 550 paper-based; 213 computer-based; 79 Internet-based or better; or a 6.5 or higher on the IELTS exam. A student who needs additional study in English may be admissible to our conditional admittance program. This program enables you to study English and then matriculate into our graduate program without reapplying. Students applying to Pharmacy and other special programs do not qualify for this program. Please visit the English Language Institute site for more information.
- Photocopies of I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, visa stamp, and current I-20 or DS2019 (See Admissions Policies and Requirements) Request for I-20 forms can be found in the Forms & Documents section of the Web site.
- Personal statement (REQUIRED OF ALL APPLICANTS BEGINNING FALL 2009)
NOTE: Education documents will be accepted in one of two ways:
- Official mark sheets for each year of study and degree certifications may be sent directly from the issuing institution to the Office of Admissions.
- Copies of mark sheets for each year of study and degree certificates that have been attested to by the Consulate/Ministry of Education of the issuing country.
Individual Program Requirements
Applicants to the Master of Business (M.B.A.) in the School of Business, Public Administration and Information Sciences must submit scores from the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT).
Applicants for the Master’s in Public Health, the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies, the Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, the Doctor of Physical Therapy and all graduate Pharmacy programs must submit GRE scores from the General Aptitude Test. Additionally, individuals who apply for the Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology must submit GRE scores from the GRE Subject Test in psychology.