For Graduate Students
Your Enrollment Checklist: “To Do’s”
Use the following checklist to complete your enrollment process. Though you may have already completed some of these tasks, it’s a good idea to be aware of the steps that are required for you to successfully prepare and enroll as a new student and to be eligible to receive an iPad2. Completing many of these steps will help you to meet the criteria for receiving your iPad2.
- Submit your tuition deposit and “Intent to Enroll” form.
- Graduate students interested in our NEW Graduate Student apartment-style housing are encouraged to submit an application. Visit here for more information and to complete an application.
- Submit all final, official academic transcripts. Students required to complete admissions criteria as a condition of their acceptance will have, in general, until the end of their first term to complete and submit the credentials to the Office of Admissions. Students failing to comply with all admission and enrollment conditions may be blocked from future term enrollment.
- Graduate students are expected to contact their academic department to make arrangements to register for courses. (Note: some students will be invited to register on-line in lieu of working directly with an graduate academic adviser.)
- Sign-up to attend one of our Graduate Orientation Sessions. This is an opportunity for graduate students to learn more about enrolling at the Brooklyn Campus as a graduate student, understanding the student services available to you as a student and to meet other students! For more information or to sign up to attend Graduate Orientation email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review your Bill. Once registered for classes you will be able to take a look at your bill through the My LIU portal. It will provide you with up-to-date information about your account, such as a balance owed to the University and reflect payments made toward your balance.
- Create a Financial Plan. Contact the Office of Integrated Student Financial Services to discuss a reasonable payment plan that will help you to manage your financial balance. (Residential Students: Financial clearance must be obtained by 8/1/13 to confirm housing assignments for the fall and 12/1/13 for the spring.)
- Pay your bill or set up your payment plan account.
- Submit all required health and immunization forms to University Health and Medical Services, prior to the start of your first semester classes. To obtain a copy of the forms required visit Forms and Documents. Completed forms can be sent to University Health and Medical Services, 175 Willoughby Street, Brooklyn, New York, 11201, USA.
- Get your school ID card. The ID card office hours are M-F 9am to 5pm with special extended hours at the start of the semester. Students must have registered for courses, and obtained financial clearance, in order to qualify to receive their LIU Brooklyn ID.