Fellowships in Special Education
The School of Education is offering fellowships to teachers or prospective teachers who want to pursue a Master’s Degree in Childhood (grades 1-6) or Adolescence (grades 7-12) Special Education with an inclusive, inquiry-based approach.
The fellowship will cover 1/3 of the tuition for the first 12 credits of the Program for new graduate students.
- Admission into the Special Education graduate program as a new, first-semester student.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (submit transcript with fellowship application).
- Passing score on the LAST of the NYSTCE, or passing score on the LIU Graduate Assessment.
- Interview with Program faculty member, and receipt of positive recommendation.
- Issues in Urban Education (TAL 801)
- Perspectives on Disability (TAL 803)
- Language and Literacy (TAL 802) or Teaching Literacy K-6 (TAL 816)
- Lives of Children (TAL 811) or Lives of Adolescents (TAL 812)
For further information or application, please call or email:
Ms. Jolli Brown
Student Enrollment and Outreach Officer