High school graduates, college transfer students and students with a college degree may apply for admission to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program.
- High School students and applicants without college credits should visit the Office of Admissions website for information on the application process.
- The Office of Admissions will evaluate academic transcripts and will grant appropriate credit for courses with grades of C or higher.
- Students who satisfy all of the science, math and liberal arts courses may be admitted into Year 3.
Admission into Years 3 and 4
All applicants and year 1 & 2 DMS students taking the liberal arts and science courses must complete a DMS specific application and be accepted to continue on to the DMS sequence of courses in years 3 and 4.
Requirements for consideration:
- Completion of all Liberal Arts and Science courses
- A minimum of 64/65 credits
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.75 and a science & math GPA of 2.75
- A minimum of 'C' in the science and math courses
It is a competitive program with limited spaces. Therefore, meeting the minimum requirements of being a DMS major in yrs. 1 & 2, does NOT guarantee acceptance into yrs. 3 & 4.
Year 3 starts in the fall of every year
Applications must be submitted within the same calendar year as starting year 3.
DMS Program applications can be obtained by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Submitting an Application for Admission
All applicants must apply for admission to LIU Brooklyn. Please apply online at MYLIU or use the Apply Now link in the top of the navigation bar. For more information on the admission process, visit the Office of Admissions Web site.