Application Requirements for the MPH Phase
- Apply in third (junior) year.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.8 or higher.
- Submit official transcripts of all undergraduate institutions attended; degrees earned at institutions outside of the United States or Canada must be evaluated by a transcript analysis service recommended by LIU.
- All applicants must submit a graduate admission application form to the LIU Brooklyn campus. Please apply online at www.liu.edu/brooklyn/apply. For more information on the admissions process, visit www.liu.edu/brooklyn/admissions.
- Submit a personal statement that follows specific MPH guidelines (click here for guidelines). Must be typed, double –spaced and no more than two pages.
- Submit two references completed by individuals who can comment on your academic background, paid work, your volunteer and/or community service experience, and your potential as a Public Health professional (specific format must be followed).
- Submit current resume including paid/volunteer work/community service.
- Submit Graduate Record Examination Revised (GRE) Test scores. Visit www.gre.org for more information about the GRE revised general test.
3 + 2 B.S. HS/MPH Acceptance Criteria
Criteria for guaranteed acceptance into the 3+2 track.
ALL of the following criteria must be met for guaranteed acceptance:
- At least 24 "liberal arts and science" credits taken at LIU
- All required Health Science core courses (as shown on the 3+2 course sequence sheet under Year 3) taken at LIU
- Within the same trial of a Graduate Record Examination Revised (GRE) Test, achieve 308 or above as a composite score, 150 or above in verbal reasoning, 150 or above in quantitative reasoning, and 4.0 or above in analytical writing
- Have an overall undergraduate GPA of 2.8 or higher and Health Science major GPA of 3.0
- Submit two references completed by individuals who can comment on your academic background, your volunteer and/or community service experience, and your potential as a Public Health
- Submit current resume including paid/volunteer work/community service
- Students in the 3+2 track who do not meet all of the requirements for guaranteed acceptance may apply to the MPH program as a "Competitive Acceptance" applicant for review as a "non-guaranteed acceptance" candidate/applicant.