Application Requirements to the D.P.T. phase
- Submit an official score report for the GRE general test or the GRE revised general test.** The recommended minimum composite (verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning) score is 900 for the GRE general test and 290 for the GRE revised general test.
- Provide evidence of a minimum of 36 hours of work experience in 2 different physical therapy settings, including an inpatient and an outpatient setting, with at least 18 hours in each setting.
- Submit two completed recommendation forms (available at www.PTCAS.org after starting the PTCAS application – see below):
— One from a physical therapist
— One from an academic reference
- Submit an application for the D.P.T. Program through the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (see Submitting an Application to the PTCAS)
- Completion of all D.P.T. science prerequisites with a letter grade not less than a “C”
3 + 3 B.S. HS/DPT Acceptance Criteria
1) Guaranteed Acceptance
Students interested in applying to the D.P.T. program through the 3+3 track must fulfill ALL of the following criteria:
- At least 24 “liberal arts and science” credits (excluding the “D.P.T. science pre-requisite” credits) are taken at LIU
- At least 15 “D.P.T. science pre-requisite” credits are taken at LIU
- All of the required Health Science courses (as shown on the 3+3 course sequence sheet under Year 3) are taken at LIU
- All the liberal arts and science, D.P.T. science pre-requisite, and Health Science courses (as shown on the 3+3 course sequence sheet) are completed in 3 calendar years
- At least 6 out of the 8 D.P.T. science pre-requisite courses are completed in the first 2 calendar years
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA 3.5 or above (as per the PTCAS application)
- Science and Math GPA 3.5 or above (as per the PTCAS application). Completion of all D.P.T. science prerequisites with a letter grade not less than a “C”
- Within the same trial of Graduate Record Examination Revised Test, achieve 308 or above for the composite score, 150 or above for the verbal reasoning, and 150 or above for the quantitative reasoning.
2) Competitive Acceptance
- Students in the 3+3 track who do not meet the requirements for guaranteed acceptance can still apply to the D.P.T. program despite the absence of a guaranteed admission.
Submitting an Application to the PTCAS
The Department of Physical Therapy at LIU Brooklyn participates in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service, known as PTCAS. In addition to submitting an application for admission to LIU Brooklyn, those applying to the DPT program for the 2014 entering class must:
- Visit www.ptcas.org to begin the PTCAS application process
- Read the instructions available at the PTCAS Web site carefully
- Select "Login to PTCAS" to complete the application process
- Select “Long Island University – Brooklyn campus” as a designated physical therapy program
**Visit www.gre.org for more information about the GRE revised general test. The LIU Brooklyn Physical Therapy Department code is 0333 which is needed for the PTCAS to receive your GRE results.