To be admitted to this program you must:
- Supply official transcripts as proof of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Submit a current résumé
- Submit a two- to three-page typewritten statement of purpose
- Submit standardized test scores (optional)
- Submit an application to the Office of Admissions (see Submitting an Application for Admission)
Note: Full matriculation admission requires an official transcript showing an undergraduate grade-point average of at least 3.0 on a scale of 4.0. Limited matriculation may be available to applicants who do not meet full matriculation requirements. Candidates with grade-point averages of 2.5 or less must contact the M.P.A. program director before submitting an application.
Such limited matriculation may require additional evidence of competence. Limited matriculation students may register for a maximum of six credits per semester for the first 12 credits. Limited matriculation becomes full matriculation upon completion of 12 graduate credits with a 3.0 average or better. Transfer students are welcome; transfer credits will be evaluated by the program director.
Submitting an Application For Admission
All applicants must apply for admission to Long Island University’s Brooklyn Campus. Please apply online at My LIU or use the Apply Now link in the left-hand navigation bar. For more information on the admissions process, visit the Office of Admissions Web site.