To be admitted to this program you must:
- Have a minimum 3.0 undergraduate grade-point average from an accredited institution.
- Submit results of the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), unless you hold a master’s degree or a J.D. from an accredited institution or hold a CPA license.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended. (Foreign documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.) A Credential Evaluator’s list is available for your convenience.
- Submit official score report of the TOEFL examination if you are an applicant with degrees from foreign colleges and universities.
- Submit a written statement outlining your objectives for seeking admission into the program.
- Submit a current résumé
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Submit a completed application to the Office of Admissions (see Submitting an Application for Admission)
Note: Full matriculation admission requires an official transcript showing an undergraduate grade-point average of at least 3.0 on a scale of 4.0. Limited matriculation status is granted to applicants who meet all the admissions requirements with an undergraduate point average between 2.5 and 3.0. Students with limited matriculation status may register for a maximum of six credits per semester for the first 12 credits. Limited matriculation becomes full matriculation upon completion of 12 graduate credits with a 3.0 average or better. Students who have completed their application but have not taken the GMAT or GRE can only be accepted as a limited matriculation student. The student then must take the test during the first semester of enrollment. There is no required score that must be obtained, but failure to take the GMAT or GRE will result in the student not being allowed to register for classes the following semester.
Submitting an Application For Admission
All applicants must apply for admission to LIU Brooklyn. Please apply online at My LIU or use the Apply Now link in the top navigation bar. For more information on the admissions process, visit the Office of Admissions Web site or or call 718-488-1011.