To be admitted to this program you must:
- Have completed a Bachelor’s Degree with a grade-point average of 3.0 or greater
- Have completed at the undergraduate level (1) six advanced courses in biology, (2) one year of college mathematics including at least one semester of calculus, (3) one year each of inorganic and organic chemistry, and (4) one year of college physics. Deficiencies in any of these qualifications may be removed during the first year of graduate study without credit.
- International students: (1) Must have completed the equivalent of a four-year bachelor’s degree. (2) Submitted all records translated into English and the original or copies of the original, certified/attested by an official of the school issuing that record or the Consulate/Ministry of Education of the issuing country. (3) Submitted a course-by-course evaluation, completed by an acceptable international credential evaluation agency, on all transcripts/marksheets from colleges or universities outside of the United States. (4) Submitted an official copy of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) administered by the Educational Testing Service or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination.
- Transfer students must present an overall grade-point average of 3.0 and submit official transcripts for the attended college(s)
- Submit a completed application to the Office of Admissions (see Submitting an Application for Admission)
Submitting an Application for Admission
All applicants must apply for admission to Long Island University’s Brooklyn Campus. Please apply online at My LIU or use the Apply Now link in the top navigation bar. For more information on the admissions process, visit the Office of Admissions Web site.