Gender Studies Program
The Gender Studies minor provides students with an overview of the complex relationship between individual and community identity formation. It explores the constructions of self and the status of women and men in culture and society; the interrelatedness of gender with race, ethnicity, class, age, sexual orientation and the assumptions about gender biases and gender stereotypes.
Gender Studies provides a unique education to students – male and female – who wish to enhance their career prospects in the 21st century as would-be educators, artists, writers, leaders, innovators, egalitarian entrepreneurs and challengers of oppression in any given field.
- Biology of human reproduction
- Philosophies of gender construction
- Feminist theory
- Feminist perspectives on global human rights
- Gender and health
- Sex roles in the family and society
- Psychology of gender identity
- Queer theory
- Representations of women and men in literature and media
- Reproductive rights
- Violence against women