Assistant Professor of Marketing
B.B.A., Institute of Business Administration, University of Dhaka (Bangladesh)M.B.A., Simon Fraser University (Canada)Ph.D., Schulich School of Business, York University (Canada)
Dr. Sutapa Aditya is an assistant professor of marketing at LIU Brooklyn. She obtained her B.B.A. with a specialization in marketing at the Institute of Business Administration of the University of Dhaka in Bangladesh. Later, she obtained her M.B.A. degree from Simon Fraser University in Canada and her Ph.D. degree in marketing from the Schulich School of Business at York University in Canada.
Her research focuses on consumer-to-consumer communication on brands, persuasion knowledge and implicit cognition and attitudes. She has presented at various conferences, including the Association of Consumer Research, Society of Consumer Psychology and Southern Ontario Behavioral Decision Research Conferences.
Prior to academia, Dr. Aditya worked in the market research industry in Bangladesh with ACNielsen and Org-Quest Research Ltd. She has managed research projects for world- renowned multinational corporations like Sanofi Aventis, Unilever, Coca-Cola, DHL Worldwide and Nestlé.
Dr. Aditya is affiliated with the American Marketing Association, Association of Consumer Research and Society of Consumer Psychology.
Consumer-to-Consumer Interaction (Rumors, Gossip, WOM), Buzz Marketing, Viral Marketing, Persuasion Knowledge, Implicit Cognition and Attitudes
- Co-author, articles published in Advances in Consumer Psychology (2010) and Advances in Consumer Research (2009, 2007)
- Recipient, International Student Scholarship, Schulich School of Business, York University (2005-2009)
- Recipient, Graduate Fellowship, Simon Fraser University (2003)
- Member, Association of Consumer Research
- Member, American Marketing Association
- Member, Society of Consumer Psychology