Myrna L. Fischman
Chair, Finance, Law, Accounting and Taxation DepartmentProfessor of AccountingDirector, Center for Accounting Education; Adviser, Accounting Society
B.S., M.S., City College, CUNYPh.D., New York University
Dr. Fischman, a licensed CPA in New York State, is a member of the NYSSCPA Society and is past president of its Brooklyn chapter. She also has served on the organization’s board of directors.
Dr. Fischman currently serves on the Banking and Higher Education Committees. Prior committee affiliations include the Nomination Committee, the Higher Education Committee (chair), the Membership Committee, the Cooperation with Financial Media Committee, the Public Relations Committee, the Membership Task Force, the Promoting CPA Careers Committee, the Education in Colleges and Universities Committee and the Internal Auditors Committee. At the chapter level, Dr. Fischman previously served as treasurer, executive board member and chair of the Federal & State Tax Committee.
She is special director of Leo Schloss Fund and director of Center for Accounting and Tax Education, and currently serves on the FAE LIU COAP Advisory Board. Prior service includes the FAE Scholarship Awards Committee and the board of the Political Action Committee (Brooklyn Chapter Representative). In addition, Dr. Fischman is past president of both the New York Chapter of the Association of Government Accountants and the New York Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants.
Accounting, Accounting Education
- Editor, Delta Pi Epsilon Annual Yearbook
- Author “Who will teach our Future CPAs?” published in Trusted Professional
- Reviewer, The CPA Journal
- Recipient, Community Service Society Award (1969)
- Recipient, Dr. Emanuel Saxe Outstanding CPA in Education Award (1994-95)
- Recipient, Lifetime Achievement Award, Soroptimist International (1997)
- Recipient, Director’s Award, Department of the Treasury, IRS (2000)
- Executive Professional of the Year, Strathmore’s Who’s Who?
- Member, New York State Society Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Member, Foundation for Accounting Education (FAE)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, American Accountants Association (AAA)
- Member, Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- Member, Association of Government Accountants (AGA)