Assistant Professor of Marketing
B.A., IHEC Carthage (Tunisia)M.sc, Ph.D., HEC Montréal (Canada)
Dr. Naoual (Nawel) Amrouche is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at Long Island University’s Brooklyn Campus in New York. She obtained a Bachelor’s degree in International Trade at IHEC Carthage (Tunisia), and a Master’s degree and a Ph.D. in Marketing at HEC Montréal (Canada). She was a recipient of the 2006 Esdras Minville Award for best publication at HEC Montréal in 2006.
Her research specialty focuses on competition between national and private brands, distribution channels, retailing and application of game theory. Dr. Amrouche is also working on other research areas such as dual channels, online shopping and loyalty programs. She has presented at various conferences including Marketing Science (INFORMS), the Behavioral Pricing Conference and Optimization Days as well as the Ninth Workshop on Optimal Control, Dynamic Games and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Dr. Amrouche is affiliated with the Council of American Survey Research Organizations (CASRO) and the Group of Research and Decision Analysis (GERAD). She is also a member of the Journal of Service Research Review Board. The journal is related to The Institute for International Management & Technology (IIMT), which is the leading management institute in Delhi-NCR and is considered to be one of the fastest growing institutions of higher learning in India.
Dr. Amrouche is ad-hoc reviewer at European Journal of Operational Research, International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making, Journal of the Operational Research Society and ASAC (the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada).
National and Private Brands Competition, Distribution Channels, Application of Game Theory, Marketing Models, Marketing Research.
- Co-author, “Can a Weak Retailer Benefit from Manufacturer-Dominant Retailer Alliance?,” published in The Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services (2012)
- Co-author, “Implementing online store for national brand competing against private label,” published in the Journal of Business Research (2012)
- Co-author, “Product Distribution and Coordination Strategies in a Multi-Channel Context,” published in the Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services (2011)
- Co-author, “Shelf Space-Dependent Incentive when Manufacturer and Retailer's Brands Compete,” published in Operation Research Spectrum (2009)
- Co-author, “Pricing and Advertising of Private and National Brands in a Dynamic Marketing Channel,” published in the Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications (2008)
- Co-author, “Feedback Stackelberg Equilibrium Strategies when the Private Label Competes with the National Brand,” published in the Annals of Operation Research (2008)
- Co-author, “Shelf Space Allocation of National and Private Brands,” published in the European Journal of Operational Research (2007)
- Who's Who Montclair recognition in collegiate faculty (2011-2012)
- Recipient, Mosaic Coalition Award for being a Tunisian role model in USA, Wagner College (2009)
- Ph.D. Phase II Grant HEC Montréal for successful completion of comprehensive exam within 4 years (2007)
- Recipient, Ph.D. Grant Esdras Minville for best publication at HEC Montréal (2006)
- Recipient, Ph.D. Grant of Excellence Alma LePage from HEC Montréal (2005–2006)
- Ph.D. Admission Grant HEC Montréal (2005)
- Recipient, Master and Ph.D. Grant of Excellence, Tunisian Government
- Member, Council of American Survey Research Organizations (CASRO)
- Member, Group of Research and Decision Analysis (GERAD)
- Member, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)