Students Invited to Tour Top Startups in Brooklyn During Tech Triangle U
Students can register to meet and greet with companies in Brooklyn next week
Sarah DeCamp,Associate Director of Public Relations
The LIU community is invited to tour Brooklyn’s finest companies and incubators during Tech Triangle U next week. LIU Brooklyn is participating in panel discussions during the first-ever Tech Triangle U, an exciting week of events focused on entrepreneurship and innovation, organized by the Brooklyn Tech Triangle Coalition and downtown Brooklyn’s colleges and universities.
Students can register to visit several companies and incubators during Open Office Week to take a tour and meet employees. “This is a great opportunity for students to meet and greet the area’s best startups and incubators,” said Ryan Attard, director of entrepreneurship at LIU. “Students will be able to have an inside look into these innovative companies and network with employees.”
Companies participating in Open Office Week include:
- BioLite LLC: A company that offers clean energy technologies, such as wood burning cook stoves, to off-grid communities.
- Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator: The accelerator, a vibrant hub, provides space, mentorship, and access to a network of experts for designers.
- Cir.cl: A concentric, re-commerce, that connects people with fellow enthusiasts, neighbors, and pals to buy and sell the things they are passionate about.
- Digital DUMBO: Co-founded by LIU Brooklyn alumnus Andrew Zarick, this company produces live events that connect forward-thinking companies with people that are changing the world through technology.
- DUMBO Startup Lab: The lab provides co-working space focused on tech and web development.
- EcoLogic Solutions: A company that manufactures green chemicals and technologies.
- HUGE: A full-service digital agency that transforms brands and businesses.
- NYU Poly DUMBO Incubator: An incubator that accommodates 20 technology startups.
- Tough Mudder: An events company that organizes hardcore 10-12 mile obstacle race/mud runs, designed by the British Special Forces.
- Urban Future Lab: An incubator focused on clean tech and the built environment.
- Wool & Prince: A company that makes men’s apparel.
LIU Brooklyn is participating in the week of events that will include networking, lectures, and workshops. Tech Triangle U events are free and open to the public. Transportation will be provided for some events from the LIU Post campus. (For information, email Ryan Attard at firstname.lastname@example.org.) To see a full schedule of events or to register, visit brooklyntechtriangle.com/tech-u/. To register to visit companies during Open Office Week, visit docs.google.com.
Tech Triangle U, a weeklong series of events from April 22 to 27 will enable 11 local Brooklyn colleges to highlight the talent of their faculty and students to companies in Brooklyn Tech Triangle, while engaging local companies in conversations about how to best prepare students for jobs with innovative firms.
Return to Press Releases