BASIC LIFE SUPPORT COURSE FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS
09/25/2013, LIU Brooklyn Campus Event4 Sept 25Paramount Gym – Metcalfe Building, LIU Brooklyn, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
September 25, 2013
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Paramount Gym-Metcalfe Building
This course will provide the skills and written test covering key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010, American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. At the end of this 6-hour course participants will receive BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification, which is valid for 2 years.
This course is being offered as a part of the Fall 2013 Health & Wellness Screening. The course is $70 per participant and includes the book and BLS card.
Payment will not be accepted the day of training and advance registration is required via email to email@example.com Face masks are $10 per participant and available for purchase the day of the event.
Note: this course may be cancelled, if a minimum of 10 participants are not secured in advance.
• Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
• The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
• 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
• 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
• Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
• Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
• Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
• Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
• CPR with an advanced airway*
Return to Calendar