National Depression Screening Day
10/10/2013, LIU Brooklyn Campus Event2 Oct 10Your Class or Club, LIU Brooklyn, 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
October 10, 2013
7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Your Class or Club
Held annually during Mental Illness Awareness Week in October, National Depression Screening Day (NDSD) raises awareness and screens for depression and related mood and anxiety disorders. This is an important process for our campus community as the college experience includes good and bad stressors, such as new friends, experiences and freedoms--all a part of the journey winding through mid-terms, social gatherings and all-nighters. Despite all the excitement of change, adjusting to college life can be challenging, creating an air of stressfulness, anxiety, disconnect and loneliness that can easily be missed.
Help us enhance services to our campus community. In less than five minutes you can issue this screening tool to your class or club. To obtain more information or request a screening package email email@example.com
Know the facts about college depression and join the movement for change:
- 1 out of every 4 college students suffers from some form of mental illness, including depression
- 44 percent of American college students report having symptoms of depression
- 75 percent of college students do not seek help for mental health problems
- suicide is the third leading cause of death among college students
- 4 out of every 5 college students who either contemplate or attempt suicide show clear warning signs
Return to Calendar