New Master of Science and Advanced Certificate in
Marriage and Family Therapy
06/12/2013, Marriage and Family Therapy Information SessionPratt Building, Room 251, LIU Brooklyn, 5:00 - 6:30 PM
Attend our Information Session
When: June 12, Wednesday 5pm-6:30pm
Where: Pratt Building, Room 251
Contact: Jolli Brown, Email: email@example.com
Learn how you can:
- Earn an M.S. degree—60 credits.
- Gain knowledge in professional issues and ethics, counseling theories, human development, counseling skills, group work and assessment.
- Earn an Advanced Certificate—39 credits.
- Become licensed as a marriage and family therapist.
• Completion of all credit-bearing courses
• 600 internship hours in marriage and family therapy
• 100 practicum and fieldwork hours in prior coursework
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (master's degree required for Advanced Certificate Program)
• Completed LIU Brooklyn Graduate application
• Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions
• Personal statement
• Two letters of recommendation
• Current resume/curriculum vitae
Upon completion of both programs, graduates will satisfy the educational requirements for New York State licensure in marriage and family therapy.
• 1,500 hours of supervised experience in the practice of marriage and family therapy
• Passing grade on the Examination in Marital and Family Therapy developed by the Association of Marital and Family Therapy Regulatory Boards (AMFTRB)
For more information, please call:
LIU Brooklyn's School of Education at (718) 488-1055.
Return to Calendar