As part of our alumni community, you are eligible for discounts on entertainment, dining, travel, transportation, shopping, financial services, insurance, and more.
- Annual Alumni Membership: For $10 a year, Alumni* receive an Alumni ID Card, Alumni Email Address, Microsoft Office 365, and access to Handshake (LIU’s job portal).
To receive this membership package, please fill out the Annual Alumni Membership Request Form by clicking here.
*To be considered an alumnus of LIU and receive alumni benefits, you have to have a conferred degree from LIU.
FAQs and Forms
To obtain a copy of your transcript it will cost $15.00 plus additional fees depending on the option you choose. You have four options: online, by phone, in person, and by mail. For more information and further instructions, please click here.
To obtain a replacement diploma, download a copy of the Diploma Replacement form (Brooklyn or Post) and pay a $35 replacement fee. For more information and further instructions, please click here.
For more information on other alumni services (GAPP, Lifetime of Learning, etc.), please click here
to view our FAQs and Forms.
Below is a list of just some of the benefits and access available to the Alumni community designed to keep alumni connected to one another:
Learning Opportunities *
- Continuing Education: For many events and programs, LIU alumni receive free or reduced prices at the LIU Post School of Continuing and Professional Education. Some programs are excluded from discounts. Call 516-299-2263 for details.
- Graduate Admission Preparedness Program (GAPP): GAPP permits alumni who have graduated within the last five years the ability to take prerequisite courses that are necessary to enroll in an LIU graduate course. Alumni can take a maximum of 12 credits for a fee of $500 a semester. Please note that GAPP is for undergraduate courses only, and all undergraduate coursework must be completed for enrollment in the program. For an application, please click here. There is a $25 non-refundable application fee. [Please Note – This program is only in Brooklyn.]
Lifetime of Learning: Lifetime of Learning allows alumni to audit courses for pleasure and enrichment without earned credits. For a fee of $100 per course, and with permission of the professor, you may take up to two courses.
- Graduate Alumni Scholarship: LIU graduates who want to pursue their first master’s degree or a second bachelor's degree are eligible for an annual scholarship of $500. Students must enroll in nine credits per semester. For an application, please click here for Brooklyn and here for Post.
Pay it Forward
- Legacy Alumni Scholarship: Grandchildren, children, or siblings of alumni are eligible for an undergraduate annual scholarship of $500. Students must enroll in 12 credits per semester. For an application, please click here for Brooklyn and here for Post.
- Summer Camp: Enjoy a one-time 15 percent discount at LIU Post Youth Camps and the Children’s Academy at LIU Brooklyn.
- Health Clubs: Alumni receive a discounted $345 membership fee to join the Pratt Recreation Center at LIU Post and the Wellness Recreation and Athletic Center (WRAC) at LIU Brooklyn.
- Library Resources: Alumni receive access to LIU’s large and diverse university libraries and computer labs at LIU Post and LIU Brooklyn.
- Bookstore: Alumni receive 10% discount in store on select items. Individuals who sign u for e-mail correspondence receive a 25% discount at their initial sign up followed by other special offers.
Retail Discounts **
- GEICO: LIU alumni could receive a special discount on GEICO auto insurance. Call 1-800-368-2734 or stop by a local GEICO office to find out how much you could save today!
- Bloomberg Businessweek: save up to 90 percent off your subscription. Use code: LIU.
- Discovery Times Square: save $5 on adult/senior tickets and $2 on child tickets at Discovery Times Square in NY.
- Kaplan Test Prep: save 10 percent on Kaplan Test Prep Courses including the GRE, GMAT, LSAT and MCAT. Use discount code: LIUAlumni10.
- NY Times: With your alumni email you can receive a discounted rate subscription to the NY Times. Use your alumni email to subscribe. [Please Note - NY Times Educational Rate is for first time subscriptions only.]
To receive the LIU Alumni discount, please contact the hotel directly and mention you are an LIU Alumni. You will need a show your alumni ID upon check-in.
- Marriott - $20 off rates
333 Adams Street Brooklyn, NY 11201
- Hotel Indigo - 15% off rates
229 Duffield Street Brooklyn, New York 11201
- Hotel Le Jolie - 10% off rates
235 Meeker Ave. Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Le Bleu - 10% off rates
370 4th Ave. Brooklyn, NY 11215
- Hampton Inn - 10% off rates
125 Flatbush Avenue Extension Brooklyn, NY 11201
- The Inn at Fox Hollow Hotel
7755 Jericho Turnpike, Woodbury, NY 11797
Discount Code: CPWFH
- Holiday Inn Westbury
369 Old Country Road, Carle Place, NY, 11514
* LIU reserves the right to remove, modify or decline these privileges and offerings at any time without notice.
** Retail Discounts and savings are issued directly by the named provider/retailer and are subject to the individual retailers’ rules and criteria. Offers may vary by state. To the extent that an Alumnus is deemed ineligible for any of the above described discounts, LIU is not responsible.
*** LIU neither endorses, guarantees nor warrants any of the discounts, goods or services which the above vendors may provide. All transactions are between alumni and the vendor, including the price, financing terms, delivery arrangements, quality of goods and services, and warranties. Discounts are non-transferable and are at the discretion the issuer of the discounted offer. Alumni should verify that the discount is still in place with the vendor prior to making a purchase or entering into a contract, and should make sure that they understand all terms and conditions of the discount.